A 6-book series, starting in December 2020. Sign up to my mailing list to receive the FREE prequel novella.
You can pre-order book 1 now (click the cover to find out more):
About the Strangers series: There’s a famous saying attributed to John Gardner that authors like to quote: that there are only two plots – a stranger arrives in town, or a person goes on a journey. Most of my books have been based on the latter, in its loosest sense (sometimes a journey of discovery, rather than a literal journey, but a major change, of death or misfortune or even good fortune which propels the main character in a new direction). So I wondered what the other side of the coin would look like – a stranger arriving in town. And there was my series title – Strangers.
- Book 0: Stranger at the Parsonage: a new parson arrives at the village of Great Maeswood, and tragedy strikes the baron’s family. (a novella, free to mailing list subscribers).
- Book 1: Stranger at the Dower House: a widow moves into the long disused Dower House and makes a horrible discovery in the wine cellar.
- Book 2: Stranger at the Grove: an estranged brother is forced to return to his home and face up to his past.
- Book 3: Stranger at the Villa: a new physician arrives in the village, but is he all he seems?
- Book 4: Stranger at the Manor: a destitute man comes looking for help from his cousin, and uncovers some mysterious goings-on.
- Book 5: Stranger at the Cottage: an out-of-work governess tries to start a school in the village.
- Book 6: Stranger at the Hall: the newly discovered heir to the barony arrives to claim his inheritance.